First class Equity Notes
First class Equity notes, last updated for Law exams at the University of Cambridge in 2019.
These notes are concise & colourful. I have distilled the key principles for the main cases to make revision easier, especially for problem questions. The notes also cover academic commentary in each area.
The notes cover the following areas:
1. Basic concepts/debates:
2. Requirements of an express trust
3. Constitution of trusts
4. Dispositive powers/duties & admin of trusts
5. Personal liability for breach & fiduciaries:
6. Proprietary remedies & tracing
7. Personal liability of third parties
8. Resulting trusts:
9. Charitable purpose trusts:
DISCLAIMER: the law may have changed in certain areas since these notes were written. Please ensure that you check a recent textbook/lecture notes for new developments.