Corporate Strategy - Summary Articles
This document contains summaries of the required reading articles of Corporate Strategy 2018 -2019 (Master Business Administration) - Radboud University
1. Johnson, M.W., C. M. Christensen, and H. Kagermann. (2008)."Reinventing Your Business Model." Harvard Business Review 86, no. 12
2. Kim, W.C., & Mauborgne, R. 2004. Blue ocean strategy. Harvard Business Review
3. McCarthy, K. and Aalbers, H.L.(2016) Technological Acquisitions: The Impact of Geography on Post-Acquisition Innovation Performance, Research Policy.
4. Vermeulen, F. (2005). How acquisitions can revitalize companies. Sloan Management Review, 48: 45-51.
5. Dyer, J.H., Kale, P., & Singh, H. (2004). When to ally and when to acquire. Harvard Business Review.
6. Nelson R. (1991) Why do Firms Differ, and How Does it Matter?, Strategic Management Journal, Volume 12, Issue 2, Pages: 61–74.
8. Porter, M.E. 1987. From competitive advantage to corporate strategy. Harvard Business Review.
9. Yu, T., and Cannella, A. (2013). “A Comprehensive Review of Multimarket Competition Research”. Journal of Management, 39(1): 76-109.
10. Anand, Jaideep, Luiz F. Mesquita, and Roberto S. Vassolo (2009), “The Dynamic of Multimarket Competition in Exploration and Exploitation Activities,” Academy of Management Journal, 52(4), 802-821.
11.Schulz, A. C., & Wiersema, M. F. (2018). The impact of earnings expectations on corporate downsizing. Strategic Management Journal, |
12. Guthrie, James P. and Deepak K. Datta. (2008) “Dumb and Dumber: The Impact of Downsizing on Firm Performance as Moderated by Industry Conditions.” Organization Science19, 1
13. Teece, D.J (2014). A dynamic capabilities-based entrepreneurial theory of the multinational enterprise. Journal of International Busines Studies, 45, p-8-37
14. Meyer, K.E., Mudambi, R. and Narula, R. (2011). Multinational enterprises and local contexts: the opportunities and challenges of multple -embeddedness. Journal of Management Studies, vol 48(2), p235-252
15.Filatotchev, I., & Nakajima, C. (2014). Corporate governance, responsible managerial behavior, and corporate social responsibility: Organizational efficiency versus organizational legitimacy?. Academy of Management Perspectives, 28(3), 289-306
Note: article number 7 was excluded from the list
Corporate Governance and Restructuring
This summary includes all lecture sheets, with the mandatory papers. Furthermore, the answers to the case studies are included as well (at the end)
Summary literature Corporate Governance and Accountability
Summary of the literature covered in the course Corporate Governance and Accountability. This course is part of the minor 'Accounting, Organizations, and Society'.
AUE2602 Corporate Governance in Accounting Complete Notes
Complete Notes for AUE2602 covering Learning Units 1 through 8 and including activities and answers.
CSR & Corporate Governance - Business Studies (Grade 12)
CSR & Corporate Governance - Business Studies Syllabus.
This section includes:
- Social Responsibility
- CSR in South Africa
- Triple Bottom Line Reporting
- King Code
- Corporate Governance
Summary of Finance & Corporate Governance - Business Valuation - Palepu, Healy & Peek
Summaries for Finance & Corporate Governance - All required book chapters - RUG - The following book chapters of: \"Business Analysis and Valuation - Krishna G. Palepu, Paul M. Healy, & Erik Peek\": 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 & 8
Summary of Finance & Corporate Governance - All required articles - University of Twente - MSc Business Administration
Summary of all required articles for Finance & Corporate Governance - University of Twente - MSc Business Administration. Articles:
1. Claessens, S. and Yurtoglu, B. 2013. Corporate governance in emerging markets: A survey.
2. Douma, S., George, R. and Kabir, R. 2006. Foreign and domestic ownership, business groups and firm performance: evidence from a large emerging market.
3. Cornett, M., Marcus, A., Saunders, A. and Tehranian, H. 2007. The impact of institutional ownership on corporate operating performance.
4. Platt, H. and Platt, M. 2012. Corporate board attributes and bankruptcy.
5. Kim, K, Kitsabunnarat-Chatjuthamard, P. and Nofsinger, J. 2007. Large shareholders, board independence, and minority shareholder rights: Evidence from Europe.
6. Duffhues, P. and Kabir, R. 2008. Is the pay - performance relationship always positive? Evidence from the Netherlands.
7. Conyon, M. and He, L. 2012. CEO compensation and corporate governance in China.
M&A corporate governance part 1
Lecture notes and slides in a nice overview from the course; corporate governance and restructuring. This is part 1 of the 2 given by Luc Renneboog on M&A