NCSBN TEST BANK - For The NCLEX-RN & NCLEX-PN QUIZ Latest Update 2020 A Rated & Reliable Study Guide
NUR 101 NCLEX QUIZ LATEST 2020
RELIABLE STUDY GUIDE
1.	The nurse is caring for a client diagnosed with a magnesium imbalance whose magnesium level is 4 mEq/L (2 mmol/L). The nurse interprets that the electrolyte imbalance is resolving if the client has relief from which sign/symptom?
Loss of deep tendon reflexes
2.	The nurse is caring for a client diagnosed with depression. Which therapeutic intervention should the nurse employ to promote sleep for the client?
Sugggest restful, quiet music and sleep-inducing relaxation techniques.
3.	The nurse is monitoring the laboratory values of a child diagnosed with leukemia who is receiving chemotherapy. The nurse prepares to implement bleeding precautions if the child becomes severely thrombocytopenic, indicated by a platelet count at or below which level?
20,000 mm3 (20 × 109/L)
4.	A client presents to the emergency department with lethargy and a fruity odor to the breath, and has deep, regular respirations. The client's arterial blood gas (ABG) results are pH of 7.25; Pco2, 34 mm Hg; Po2, 86 mm Hg; and HCO3, 14 mEq/L. The nurse should interpret that the client has which acid-base disturbance?
5.	The nurse manager of a hemodialysis unit observes a new nurse preparing hemodialysis on a client with a diagnosis of chronic kidney disease. The nurse manager should note that the new nurse needs further teaching and intervene if which action is carried out by the new nurse?
Covers the connection site with a bath blanket to enhance extremity warmth
6.	The mother of an infant newly diagnosed with cystic fibrosis is being taught proper nutritional needs for the infant. Which comment by the mother most indicates that the mother understands the infant's nutritional needs?
"I know I need to monitor my infant's stools, and if there are more than four stools a day, I will increase the pancreatic enzyme."