Summary BIO 235 anatomy and physiology - skeletal system - bone tissue
After completing this chapter, you should be able to
1.	describe the main functions of bones.
2.	identify the parts of a long bone.
3.	describe the histological features of bone tissue.
4.	describe the steps in intramembranous and endochondral ossification.
5.	describe how bone grows in length and thickness.
6.	describe the processes involved in bone remodeling.
7.	describe the sequence of events in the repair of a fracture.
8.	describe the role of bone in calcium homeostasis.