Penn Earth Science Lesson 3 700145RR
1. Which statement best describes saturation?
2. In what times of year are tropical cyclones most likely to form?
3. The highest point of a wave is called the
4. Which of the following instruments is used to measure air pressure?
5. Most tornadoes carry wind speeds in the range of _______ km per hour.
6. What are downbursts?
7. How is the Maunder minimum related to climate?
8. A thunderstorm loses energy in the _______ stage.
9. What is a barrier island?
10. Which of the following would be a result of increased solar activity?
11. A _______ is a rhythmic movement that carries energy through space or matter.
12. About 99% of the atmosphere is composed of
13. A hygrometer measures
14. The _______ climates make up the largest climatic zone on Earth.
15. In which of the following situations is salinity highest?
16. The three stages in the development of a full tropical cyclone are formative, mature, and
17. The _______ is the area in which sediment is deposited along the shore.
18. Submerged basaltic volcanoes that are higher than 1 km are called
19. Which of the following is an example of a long-term climatic change?
20. Wind speeds increase higher up from the Earth's surface because