CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics - 97th Edition (2016)
Publisher: CRC Press; 97 edition (1 Aug. 2016)
Proudly serving the scientific community for over a century, this 97th edition of the CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics is an update of a classic reference, mirroring the growth and direction of science. This venerable work continues to be the most accessed and respected scientific reference in the world. An authoritative resource consisting of tables of data and current international recommendations on nomenclature, symbols, and units, its usefulness spans not only the physical sciences but also related areas of biology, geology, and environmental science.
The 97th edition of the Handbook includes 20 new or updated tables along with other updates and expansions. It is now also available as an eBook. This reference puts physical property data and mathematical formulas used in labs and classrooms every day within easy reach.
* Surface Active Chemicals – Table of Properties of the Most Important Surfactants (Solubility, Physical Constants, Critical Micelle Concentration, Hydrophilic-Lipophilic Balance, etc.)
* Nanomaterial Safety Guidelines – Definition of Terms in Nanoscience; Guidelines for Safe Handling and Disposal
Updated and Expanded Tables:
* CODATA Values of the Fundamental Physical Constants – 2014 values
* Standard Atomic Weights – 2015 Changes Made by IUPAC
* Atomic Masses and Abundances – Update of Abundances
* Surface Tension of Common Liquids – Addition of New Compounds and Updates
* Basic Instrumental Techniques of Analytical Chemistry – Expansion to Cover Colorimetry and Refractometry
* Bond Dissociation Energies – Addition of Recently Published Data
* Photon Attenuation Coefficients – Addition of Absorption Edge Data
* Classification of Electromagnetic Radiation – Update with Modern Terminology
* Astronomical Constants – Update with New Recommended Constants
* Solar System Properties – Updates with Newly Discovered Satellites
* Interstellar Molecules – Update with Complete List of Molecules Observed to Date
* Major World Earthquakes – Update through 2015
* Atmospheric Concentration of CO2 – Update through 2015
* Global Temperature Trend – Update through 2015
* Abbreviations Used in the Assessment and Presentation of Laboratory Hazards – Update and Expansion
* Relative Dose Ranges for Ionizing Radiation – Expansion
* Threshold Limits for Airborne Contaminants – Update to 2015 Recommendations
* Chemical Carcinogens – Update to 2015 Recommendations of National Toxicology Program
Chapter 21 Dry Regions: The Geology of Deserts
Summary Chapter 21: Dry Regions: The Geology of Deserts
Marshak: Earth portrait of a Planet.
Systeem Aarde 2
Geology final review
Geology Review for the final exam. Includes earthquakes, layers of the earth both mechanical and compositional layers, Continental Margins, Active and Passive Margins, Volcanic structures, Alfred Wegener, Seafloor spreading, Wadati-Benioff Zone, Continental Rifts and Ocean Ridges. Covers the topics of earth interior, ocean floor, tectonics, structure, geologic time.
Environmental Geology Chapter 2: Rocks and Minerals
Notes from the second chapter of a class on Environmental Geology, the chapter itself primarily focusing on the various aspects of rocks and minerals.
This is a brief Introduction into planetary geology and if you are aiming to have a thorough understanding of the subject in little time, this is perfect for you.