STR 581 Capstone Final Exa Part 1
1. Because practical considerations make job tryouts for all candidates infeasible, it is necessary to __________ the relative level of job performance for each candidate on the basis of available information.
2. Some studies indicate the best approach for transformational change may have the chief executive officer create an atmosphere for change
but let others decide how to initiate change
and begin establishing a vision
but carefully set limits for the program
and establish a reward system
3. Which of the following is a desirable strategy for managers aiming to reduce the negative consequences of rumors?
Initiating disciplinary action against the employee who started the rumor
Encouraging employees to communicate their concerns and suggestions
Creating a more informal communication environment at the workplace
Refusing to comment on issues that appear to be controversial and unfair
4. A project can be segmented into which of the following?
5. Which of the following is an element that addresses elimination of waste under lean production?
Group plant loading technology
Minimized run times
Production ahead of demand
Kanban production control system
6. The Civil Rights Act of 1991 offered what for victims of unintentional discrimination?
monetary damages and jury trials
7. Active listening requires:
summarizing all areas of the performance-interview feedback discussion.
verbal communications only
summarizing only the areas of agreement
interruptions to get your point across
8. Which of the following is ISO 14000 primarily concerned with?
Continuous improvement management
9. Training that results in ______ is costly because of the cost of training (which proved to be useless) and the cost of hampered performance.
negative transfer of training
applicability of training
reinforcement of training
simulation of training
10. As a university student, your institution’s social principles and practices reflect on you, as a stakeholder, in the organization. Therefore, it is your right to question how these practices should be evaluated in relation to the social issues that the school is addressing. If your university provides job-share programs, builds a day-care facility, and only uses recycled paper, it could be said to be ________.
fulfilling its social obligation
socially image conscious
11. According to the job characteristics model, autonomy is defined as the degree to which
a job requires completion of a whole and identifiable piece of work
a job has an impact on the lives or work of other people
a job generates direct and clear information about performance
a job provides the worker freedom, independence, and discretion
12. Which of the following is considered a major process flow structure?
13. An example of control criteria that can be used in any situation is ________.
average time to process paperwork
client requests completed per hour
number of calls taken per day
14. What can affirmative action assist organizations in achieving that diversity initiatives cannot?
Maximizing workforce commitment
Correcting specific problems of the past
15. Adoration of a charismatic leader by followers can lead to
greater understanding of the company mission
difficulty in developing a successor
a competitive work environment
limiting suggestions of fixes and improvements
16. Which of the following is considered an organizational blueprint, which prescribes the quantity and time frame for when each end product will be assembled?
WBS (Work Breakdown Structure)
MRP (Material Requirements Plan)
ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
MPS (Master Production Schedule)
17. In performing a SWOT analysis, which of the following would be considered as a threat?
Lack of a strategic plan
Increased product demand
18. When an employee volunteers to run a canned food drive, this is an example of
organizational citizenship behavior
19. Conflicts can be resolved by withdrawing from them or suppressing them. This conflict-management technique is known as ________.
20. Sam Meyers manages a telemarketing call center. He has 20 employees working for him who are displeased with the way he yells and threatens to terminate them for what they see as small issues. Which kind of power is Sam using to get the job done?
21. In _____, workers have been fired for refusing to quit smoking, for living with someone without being married, drinking a competitor’s product, motorcycling, and other legal activities outside of work.
invasion of privacy
22. Mary arrives at her new job. Before she can begin actually doing the work, she must complete a series of activities including role playing and virtual reality interactions. What type of training method does Mary’s new employer use?
23. Which of the following is one of Dr. Eli Goldratt's rules of production scheduling for optimized production technology?
Utilization and activation of a resource are not the same.
If you lose an hour at a bottleneck it is better than making scrap.
An hour saved at a bottleneck operation does not increase the process flow.
Do not allow bottlenecks to govern the flow of the line.
24. Deming’s PDCA (plan, do, check, and act) cycle underlies what inherent Six Sigma principle?
25.________ refers to an individual’s belief that he or she is capable of performing a task.
26.____________ is the biggest hurdle to overcome in a pay-for-performance plan.
Salary cap performance level
27. In order to make their firm a learning organization, managers should
avoid the use of cross-functional teams
reinforce interdependence and reduce boundaries
increase the degree of departmentalization
28. During the implementation of a project, which of the following should be the primary focus of a consulting firm?
People management skills
Application of the learning curve theory
The correct project software
Tools and materials availability
29. The concept that some leadership attributes will work in some situations but not in others can be described by the
leadership effectiveness theory
30. Which of the following statements is true with regard to the effectiveness of tactics?
All tactics are equally effective with regard to upward influence.
Individuals from collectivist cultures are typically more likely to use soft tactics that reflect personal power.
Soft tactics are less effective than hard tactics when used individually
The combination of a soft tactic with reasonable persuasion is more effective than a combination of two hard tactics.
Defamation tort law
In depth revision notes used to help you gain top marks in your exam. all essays include the top cases and all the relevant information needed and more.
This is a small set of 9 flashcards relating to Defamation - these flashcards deal with cases only. Despite being a small set, these flashcards have all of the main defamation cases to help you remember those key authorities for your exam!
Disclaimer: These flashcards are not designed to be used to teach an entire module in depth, they only provide information for cases, legislation and some key principles. They are a study aid only
Sample Essay & Revision for Defamation and slander essay/ problem question
Provides great examples of information on defamation and slander, layout of briefly but covering all information that is necessary
Defamation Essay - Law of Tort
This is an essay I wrote regarding the Defamation Act 2013 under the Law of Tort. I received a First - 75% from my lecturer for this essay and I hope this could be a good guideline for anyone requiring some help. If you would like to see the original handwritten copy of my essay do email me at email@example.com, although I would recommend just reading this typed out copy because my handwriting isn't the easiest to decipher .
Case list for law of tort module
Every essential case for the entire law of tort module. Covering from Employers liability, Occupiers liability, Psychiatric Harm, Defamation etc...
Tort Law - Defamation
Well-formatted sets of study notes on the tort of defamation. Includes extensive cases and law to assist in your study. Do message me for any questions !
Torts and Liability Notes
This document serves as notes and a very successful and helpful study guide that dives into the subjects of the Intentional Torts, Unintentional Torts, Strict Liability, Product Liability, Assault, Battery, Defamation, False Imprisonment, Damages