ATI 2020-2019 TEAS Study guide, Review, and Test Bank.pdf
ATI 2020-2019 TEAS Study guide, Review, and Test B
TEAS Entrance Exam – (ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY) Science,
MATH, ENGLISH, & READING STUDY GUIDE
Anatomy: is what you see with your eyes in the human body.
Microscopic Anatomy: examines cells and molecules.
O Cytology: study of cells.
O Histology: study of tissues.
Physiology: is the study of functions of anatomical structures.
*Smallest living is a CELL.
*Smallest organismsis a ATOM.
Levels of Hierarchy
Atom- the most basic complete unit of an element.
Molecule- a group of atoms bonded together, representing the smallest fundamental unit of a
chemical compound that can take part in a chemical reaction.
Organelles- are cells parts that function within a cell.
Cells- the basic structural unit of an organism from which living things created. Is one individual
Tissues- a group of cells with similar structure that functions together as a unit, but at a lower
level than organs.
Organ- a self contained part of an organism that performs specific functions. Is formed by two
or more similar tissues.
Organ System- functional groups of organs that work together within the body: circulatory,
integumentary, skeletal, reproductive, digestive, urinary, respiratory, endocrine, lymphatic,
muscular and nervous.
O Humans have 11 Organ Systems.
• Nucleus- holds the cells DNA in form of chromatin
• Ribosomes-small structures that build proteins “amino acids”.
• Golgi Apparatus-modifies and packages proteins secreted from cell.
3 | P a g e
• Vacuoles- storage, digestion and waste removal.
• Cytoskeletal- series of rod shaped proteins that provide shape/support cell.
• Microtubules- part of the cytoskeletal.
• Cytosol- liquid material in cell.
• Cell membrane-separate internal and external cellular environment allows material to
enter and exit cell.
• Endoplasmic Reticulum- smooth or rough transport system of the cell.
• Mitochondria- generates ATP powerhouse of the cell. ATP production is called cellular