NUR2755 / NUR 2755 Multidimensional Care IV Exam 1 Review | Rated A | LATEST 2021 / 2022 | Rasmussen College
NUR2755 / NUR 2755 Multidimensional Care IV Exam 1 Review | Rated A | LATEST | Rasmussen College
1.	What are headaches?
-	vasodilation of blood vessels in the brain
2.	What causes headaches
-	genetics, stress, hormones
3.	What can trigger a headache?
-	marinated foods
4.	s/s of headache
-	head pain for 4-72 hours, N/V, unilateral pain, may come with aura
5.	what are cluster headaches?
-	happen at night, stuffy nose
6.	treatment of headache
-	Prophylactic = propranolol
-	Mild = NSAID
-	Severe = sumatriptan
i.	ergotamine tartrate
ii.	6 tabs in 1 day
iii.	take as soon as pain starts
iv.	MOA = constricts cerebral blood vessels
7.	What is increased ICP made of?
8.	what causes increased ICP
-	increased CSF,
-	hemorrhage, tumors
9.	s/s of increased ICP
-	MIND CRUSH
-	M: mental status change (early sign) = decreased LOC, irritable, confusion
-	I: irregular breathing (late sighn) = Cheyene Stokes
-	N: nerve damage to eye = pupil changes
-	D: decerebrate (limbs out) and decorticate (limbs to core) posturing
-	C: cushing's triad (late) = HTN + brady + wide pule pressure
-	R: reflux - N/V
-	U: unconscious
-	S: seizures
-	H: headaches
10.	Nursing care for Increased ICP
-	P: position HOB @ 30 degrees and make sure body's midline (no flexion of neck or hips)
-	R: respiratory we want to prevent hypercapnia by hyperventilating (limit suctioning)
-	E: elevated temp - prevent it!
-	S: system checks = neuro checks
-	S: straining things - avoid it (no lifting, blowing nose, cough/sneeze)
11.	Additional Nursing care measures for ICP
-	turn down the lights
-	no TV or noise
-	put sign on door telling visitors to see nurse first
12.	What do you NOT do when someone has increased ICP?
-	Lumbar Puncture
13.	What is the most common type of dementia?
-	Alzheimer's disease