TEST BANK FOR DAVIS ADVANTAGE FOR PATHOPHYSIOLOGY 2ND EDITION BY CAPRIOTTI
Chapter 2, Cellular Injury, Adaptations, and Maladaptive Changes
Identify the choice that best completes the statement or answers the question.
____ 1. Which process is present with oxidative stress?
1. Cells undergo transient ischemia with subsequent resumption of circulation.
2. Estrogen stimulation results in mitotic division of breast gland cells.
3. A blood clot obstructs a coronary artery causing cardiac muscle ischemia.
4. A cell’s environment cannot support cell metabolic requirements.
____ 2. A client is diagnosed with a condition in which the brain cells cannot withstand low oxygen delivery
long enough for cell-reversible changes to happen. Which condition is the client exhibiting?
1. Organelle disruption
4. Ischemic-reperfusion injury
____ 3. A client has a growth removed from the body. Which histologic finding indicates that the growth is
classified as benign?
3. Oxidative phosphorylation
____ 4. The nurse is volunteering at a clinic in a developing country. Many of the young clients are
diagnosed with kwashiorkor. Which condition does the nurse equate with the diagnosis?
1. The condition is seen in individuals suffering from severe protein starvation.
2. The condition exists with hypertension in the aorta and systemic arterial
3. The condition indicates increased prostate gland cells because of testosterone
4. The condition is the result of defective cholesterol metabolism.
____ 5. By which process are findings identified that represent distinct disease processes to help with
4. Pathognomonic changes
____ 6. A client is diagnosed with failure of the thyroid gland due to increase in apoptotic cell death. Which
terminology does the nurse expect to be applied to the client’s condition?
3. Peptic ulcer
4. AnthracosisLast document update: 3 weeks ago