NR 222 EXAM 1 Leadership and Management of Patient Care 11
Leadership and Management of Patient care 11
Definition of Leadership
Process of influence
Way of behaving, an interpersonal ability to cause others to respond, not because they have to but because they want to
Characteristics of Leadership
1.	Positive interactions/Attitude
2.	Takes initiative: questioning why?
4.	Positive attitude
6.	Professional development: becoming an expert in you field
8.	Problem solving and critical thinking skills
9.	Emphasize interpersonal development/communication
10.	Leaders have goals that might differ from the organization
● Ability to manage the emotions of self and others
● The nurse must be able to understand their own emotions and the emotions of the patient and family
● Important characteristic of effective leadership.
● Helps to understand the perspective of others.
● Helps to manage emotions and accomplish tasks
Transactional- focuses on immediate issues. Makes decisions with little no input from others. Maintains status quo.
Transformational- seeks input from others, collaborates, consensus seeking, works on interpersonal skills. Inspires and motivates. Empowers followers. Works toward a common goal.
Types of Leadership
Formal-has the title and office. Based on official position in organization.
Informal- without office and title. Has followers. Has respect of individuals. Derive power from their unique characteristics
Styles of Leadership
Autocratic-authoritative, dictational strong control over group. Manager retains as much power and decision making as possible. Does not consult staff, nor allowed to give input.
Others are motivated by coercion