Automatic Hypotheses Test Calculator
This Excel document contains almost every hypotheses test that is used during the first year of statistics. The tests will have 'grey' coloured cells in which input values have to be entered and 'green' coloured cells that represent the output. It is also possible to conduct a confidence interval that comes with a conclusion.
The tests that are covered in the document are as follows:
- Proportion test
- Variance test
- Simple linear regression model
- Multiple regression model
- Regression test (Whole model)
- Regression test (Reduced model)
- T-test (Equal and unequal variances)
- Matched pair t-test
- Two-sample proportion test
Some tips for using this document:
1. Use for a (,) comma for indicating decimals (The document was made in the dutch excel).
2. Provide the alpha in the form of (e.g., 5% has to be 0,05).
3. Step 1 with the hypotheses doesn't need the <,>, ... = signs. Just the normal value.
4. When using the variance-test, look carefully which value you are given (When given the population sigma, put it in the corresponding cell otherwise in the population variance cell). The sample variance has to be calculated yourself and filled in.
I hope this document helps you save time during your studies and good luck with your examns!