Walden University-NURS 6501 Week 8 Quiz Latest 2019;Questions and Answers(SET 2)
NURS 6501 SET 2
1. Which of the following characteristics is associated with an acute occlusion of mesenteric blood flow to the small intestine?
2. An 8-week-old female is diagnosed with a congenital heart disease andDown syndrome. Her parents report that she has difficulty defecating. X-ray reveals anorectal malformation that causes complete obstruction oftenreferred to as:
3. A 3-month-old female presents with intention tremors, dystonia, greenish-yellow rings in the cornea, and hepatomegaly. Tests reveal a defect onchromosome 13. Which of the following is the most likely diagnosis?
4. Reflux esophagitis is defined as a(n):
5. Early identification and treatment for metabolic disorders is importantbecause:
6. A 24-year-old male who sustained a head injury and fractured femurdevelops a stress ulcer. A common clinical manifestation of this ulcer is:
7. When an infant has increased bilirubin production and impaired hepaticexcretion of bilirubin, what does the nurse suspect is occurring in thepatient?
8. A 55-year-old male died in a motor vehicle accident. Autopsy revealed anenlarged liver caused by fatty infiltration, testicular atrophy, and mildjaundice secondary to cirrhosis. The most likely cause of his condition is:
9. The most common cause of chronic vascular insufficiency among theelderly is:
10. In alcoholic cirrhosis, hepatocellular damage is caused by:
11. Acute pancreatitis often manifests with pain to which of the followingregions?
12. For the patient experiencing esophageal reflux, the nurse would expectwhich sphincter to be malfunctioning?
13. The most common clinical manifestation of portal hypertension is _____bleeding.
14. A 55-year-old female has general symptoms of gallstones but is also jaundiced. IVcholangiography would most likely reveal that the gallstones are obstructing the:
15. Manifestations associated with hepatic encephalopathy from chronic liverdisease are the result of:
16. An 8-week-old male was recently diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. Which ofthe following digestive alterations would be expected?
17. The cardinal signs of small bowel obstruction are:
18. The primary complication of enterocolitis associated with Hirschsprungdisease is related to which finding?
19. A 40-year-old female presents complaining of pain near the midline in theepigastrium. Assuming the pain is caused by a stimulus acting on anabdominal organ, the pain felt is classified as:
20. Outbreaks of hepatitis _____ often occur in young children attending daycare centers and can be attributed to poor hand washing.
21. A 54-year-old male is diagnosed with peptic ulcer disease. This condition ismost likely caused by:SelectedAnswer:b.Breaks in the mucosa and presence ofcorrosive secretions
22. Kwashiorkor is a severe dietary deficiency of:
23. Which of the following symptoms would help a health care providerdistinguish between ulcerative colitis and Crohn disease?
24. A 6-month-old male infant is brought to the ER after the suddendevelopment of abdominal pain, irritability, and vomiting followed bypassing of “currant jelly” stool. Ultrasound reveals intestinal obstruction inwhich the ileum collapsed through the ileocecal valve and invaginated intothe large intestine. This type of obstruction is referred to as:
25. A 45-year-old male complains of heartburn after eating and difficultyswallowing. He probably has:
26. Where does the nurse expect the obstruction to be in a patient withextrahepatic portal hypertension?
27. A 60-year-old male is diagnosed with cancer of the esophagus. Which ofthe following factors most likely contributed to his disease?
28. A 20-year-old male was recently diagnosed with lactose intolerance. Heeats an ice cream cone and develops diarrhea. His diarrhea can be classified as _____ diarrhea.
29. A 27-year-old male presents with fever, GI bleeding, hepatomegaly, andtransient joint pain. He reports that as a child he received blood transfusions following a motor vehicle accident. He also indicates he wasvaccinated against hepatitis B. Which of the following types of hepatitisdoes the clinician think he most likely has?
30. A 50-year-old male is experiencing reflux of chyme from the stomach. Heis diagnosed with gastroesophageal reflux. This condition is caused by:
31. Marasmus is most common in children of which age group?
32. A 3-month-old female develops colicky pain, abdominal distention, anddiarrhea after drinking cow’s milk. The best explanation for her symptomsis:
33. The nurse assessing the patient with biliary atresia would expect to find which primary clinical manifestation?
34. The cardinal sign of pyloric stenosis caused by ulceration or tumors is:
35. A 10-month-old is brought to the pediatrician by the mother who states the baby hasbeen experiencing colicky pain Followed by vomiting, sweating, nausea, and irritability.Testing reveals a condition in which one part of the intestine telescopes into another. From which type ofintestinal obstruction is he suffering?