South University, Savannah: NSG 6005 Week 6 Quiz – Question and Answers (Latest) _ Already Graded A
NSG 6005 Week 6 Quiz – Question and Answers
1.	Jamie has fractured his ankle and has received a prescription for acetaminophen and hydrocodone (Vicodin). Education when prescribing Vicodin includes which one of the following instructions?
2.	Vicky, age fifty-six years, comes to clinic requesting a refill of her Fiorinal (aspirin and butalbital) that she takes for migraines. She has been taking this medication for over two years for migraine and states one dose usually works to abort her migraine. What is the best care for her?
3.	The trial period to determine effective anti-inflammatory activity when starting a patient on aspirin for RA is _____.
4.	Sallie has been taking 10 mg of prednisone per day for the past six months. She should be assessed for ________.
5.	Pathological similarities and differences between acute pain and chronic pain include which of the following options?
6.	Phil is starting treatment with febuxostat (Uloric). Education of patients starting febuxostat includes which one of the following instructions?
7.	All NSAIDs have an FDA black box warning regarding __________.
8.	Jayla is a nine-year-old who has been diagnosed with migraines for almost two years. She is missing up to a week of school each month. Her headache diary confirms she averages four or five migraines per month. Which of the following would be appropriate? nsg 6005 week 6 quiz
9.	Xi, a fifty-four-year-old female, has a history of migraine that does not respond well to OTC migraine medication. She is asking to try Maxalt (rizatriptan) because it works well for her friend. Which of the following actions would you take for appropriate decision making? nsg 6005 week 6 quiz
10.	Patients prescribed aspirin therapy require education regarding the signs of aspirin toxicity. An early sign of aspirin toxicity is _____.
11.	Patients whose total dose of prednisone exceed 1 gram will most likely need a second prescription for _________.
12.	Kasey fractured his ankle in two places and is asking for pain medication. The appropriate first-line medication would be _________.
13.	When prescribed an opioid analgesic such as acetaminophen and codeine (Tylenol #3), which of the following instructions should the patient follow?
14.	Narcotics are exogenous opiates. They act by ______.
15.	The Pain Management Contract is most appropriate for:
16.	Which of the following is the goal of treatment of acute pain?
17.	The chemicals that promote the spread of pain locally include _________.
18.	A first-line drug for abortive therapy in simple migraine is ______.
19.	Chemical dependency assessment is integral to the initial assessment of chronic pain. Which of the following raises a “red flag” about potential chemical dependency?
20.	Different areas of the brain are involved in specific aspects of pain. The reticular and limbic systems in the brain influence _____