POLI 330 Week 7 TCO Assessment (2019), DeVry University, Chicago. Score for this quiz: 40 out of 40
Complete the assessment.
1. (TCO 9) As the simulation shows, Muhammed’s father was killed by the
Israelis in their war of independence, as they attempted to defend their state and
enforce the boundaries established by the UN. Although this was an international
decree, all Muhammed witnessed was his father’s death and the loss of his
family home as the land of his forefathers was taken to make room for what
many Palestinians viewed as the “occupiers.” If you were him, how would you
react? For example, would you blame the Israelis for hurting your father and
taking your land, and then pass on this hatred to your children so they would
know never to trust the Israelis? Would you seek revenge for your family and
people? Or is there a chance that you would accept the new conditions of the UN
resolution because it was in the best interest of the people of the world? What
about simply seeking strength in your religion and guiding your children away
from the hatreds of the past in an effort to protect them? Please put some
thought into your answer and provide at least 4–5 sentences as you explain it.
2. (TCO 9) Within the Israeli home, Ben knows from the horrors faced by his
parents what can happen when there is not a state of Israel in the world. He thus
supports his state and will do anything to defend its claim to this region. How
does this differ from Muhammed’s stance?
3. (TCO 9) What do Muhammed and Ben have in common?
4. (TCO 9) Serapin and Sarah _____.
5. (TCO 9) Judith and Ahmed are the youngest members of their respective
families. What do they have in common?
6. (TCO 9) Given what you have read and what you know about the conflicts
between Israel and Palestine, what is the likelihood that the children will continue
the cycle of violence in this land if nothing radically changes?
7. (TCO 9) What impact has the violence in this land had on the legitimacy of the
8. (TCO 9) Abdullah has admittedly committed terrorist acts against Israel.
According to your text, does terrorism work?