SEJPME Pre Test (Latest) (Already graded A, Contains 50 Questions)
SEJPME Pre Test (Latest)
1) The 193rd Special Operations Wing of the Pennsylvania Air National Guard provides the only _____ platform in the Department of Defense with the EC-130 Commando Solo.
combat aviation advisor
airborne psychological operations
airborne early warning
2) What are the key criticisms of the interagency process? (Select all that apply.)
no one is in charge
it is rarely effective
it is often time-consuming
it can be cumbersome
3) Today, the U.S. and its partners find themselves in an era in which they are unlikely to be fully at war or fully at peace.
4) Joint force air component commander (JFACC), joint force land component commander (JFLCC), and joint force maritime component commander (JFMCC) are all examples of _____.
joint task forces
functional component commands
service component commands
5) _____ is a hostile environment that often presents complex emotional and ethical dilemmas.
Major combat operations
Irregular warfare environment
Support for civil authorities
Humanitarian assistance operations
6) Reconnaissance and surveillance actions normally conducted in a clandestine or covert manner to collect or verify information of strategic or operational significance, employing military capabilities not normally found in conventional forces are called _____. These actions acquire information concerning the capabilities, intentions and activities of an enemy.
foreign internal defense
7) Which of the following describes the role of the Coast Guard in the U.S.'s maritime regions?
the Coast Guard operates in inland, coastal, and deepwater regions
the Coast Guard operates in inland and coastal regions
the Coast Guard operates in Coastal and deepwater regions
8) Which of the following represent highlights of Air Force history?
all of the answers are correct
expansion into space
design of a doctrine of strategic bombing and one of organizational independence
development of the Strategic Air Command
9) The _____ outranks all other officers of the Armed Forces, but may not exercise military command over any of the Armed Forces. This officer is the principal military advisor to the President, the National Security Council, and the Secretary of Defense.
Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
Supreme Allied Commander
10) Multinational operations are _____.
actions conducted by two or more non-military organizations from two or different nations
actions conducted by two or more nations
actions conducted by two or more military elements
military actions conducted by forces of two or more nations, typically organized within the structure of a coalition or alliance
11) The earliest form of the Coast Guard began on 4 August 1790, when President George Washington authorized the construction of ten vessels to _____.
provide rescue to passengers of damaged or sinking ships
defend the coastal waters and harbors of the United States
map the coastal territories of the United States
12) One of the three approaches within the Total Force Fitness (TFF) Program includes preventative strategies which include addressing and eliminating the stigma and other factors that prevent Service members (and their families) from seeking help early and focus on achieving increased performance.
13) Under what circumstances may the Coast Guard be transferred to and operate as a service of the Navy? (Select all that apply.)
when ordered by the Secretary of Defense
when directed by the President
upon a declaration of war
14) The post-Vietnam Maritime Strategy called for the positioning of strong Naval forces along the seaward flanks of the Soviet Union in what locations? (Select all that apply.)
the Far East
the Black Sea
the Mediterranean Sea
15) Which reserve mobilization authority provides the President a means to activate, without a declaration of national emergency, not more than 200,000 reservists for not more than 365 days to meet the support requirements of any operational mission?
partial mobilization (PM)
selective mobilization (SM)
SECDEF call-up (SCU)
presidential reserve call-up (PRC)
16) Delegating execution authority to responsible and capable lower-level commanders is essential to which of the following roles of Air Force commander or command groups?
achieving effective span of control
both of the answers are correct
fostering initiative, situational responsiveness, and tactical flexibility
17) Which of the following is a technical or personal risk when using social media?
all of the answers are correct
network security intrusions
personal identity theft and impersonation
none of the choices are correct
18) With over half of its forces in the Reserve Components, the Army relies heavily on _____.
the Army National Guard
the Army Reserve
none of the answers are correct
both the Army National Guard and Army Reserve
19) Reserve Components now comprise almost what percent of the Total Force and are an integral part of the Armed Forces of the United States?
20) The ability of the U.S. to achieve its national strategic objectives is dependent on the effectiveness of the U.S. Government in employing the instruments of national power, which are _____.
culture, industry, technology, and geography
political, military, economic, social, informational, and infrastructure
diplomacy, defense, and development
diplomatic, informational, military, and economic
21) The purpose of the _____ principle of joint operations is to allocate minimum essential combat power to secondary efforts.
unity of command
economy of force
22) In major operations, joint force commanders need a clear understanding of the national strategic objectives and how military operations support those objectives.
23) A group or person is honor-bound to do which of the following upon receiving a limerick at mess?
refute the remark prior to the close of the dinner hour
return the embarrassment in kind
ignore it as any self-generated entertainment
24) The ______ is an interagency staff group that establishes or enhances regular, timely, and collaborative working relationships between other government agency (e.g., CIA, DOS, FBI) representatives and military operational planners at the combatant commands.
25) The term "scuttlebutt" is a Navy word referring to the kitchens of the ship.
26) Receiving realistic training, understanding the types of situations encountered in war, eating well, getting enough rest, and having meaningful relationships and friendships are all helpful in building _____ to the challenges and strains of military service.
27) The National Security Council comprises of which three levels of formal interagency committees for coordination and making decision on national security issues?
executive, deputies, and interagency coordination
principals, deputies, and interagency policy
strategic, operational, and tactical
principals, deputies, and interagency working group
28) Which of the following are roles of the Marine Corps according to Title 10 US Code?
narcotics/drug interdiction and illegal alien interdiction
all of the answers are correct
visit, board, search, and seizure (VBSS) training for embargo or intercept operations
develop tactics, techniques, and equipment-use phases of amphibious operations by landing forces
29) The first step in solving a problem is to _____.
report the problem to the commanding officer
gather multiple perspectives on the problem
draft an action plan
define the problem
30) By 1986, the Marine prepositioning strategy had in place 13 ships: one squadron in the eastern Atlantic, a second squadron in the Indian Ocean at Diego Garcia, and a third in the western Pacific at Guam.
31) The United Nations, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO), the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe, and the African Union are all examples of _____.
32) The main difference between Dining-In and Dining-Out for members of the Air Force is that spouses and other non-military guests may attend a Dining-In.
33) Risk assessment, risk management, and recommending mitigating measures to the commander or others, are all steps that must be taken in order to properly mitigate risk.
34) To ensure that respect and mutual cooperation exists among all parties, and to leverage cooperation in order to meet operational end states, combatant commanders should use _____.
joint targeting groups (JTGs)
local media outlets
civil-military operations centers (CMOCs)
human terrain teams (HTTs)
35) Within the joint environment, cooperation requires team players, and the willingness to share _____ with all team members.
36) Reserve Component leaders agree that they receive adequate funding to support all levels of operational use identified by Service and Department of Defense plans.
37) A special operations command-forward can transition to a _____.
Theater Special Operations Command (TSOC)
Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC)
Civil-Military Operations Center (CMOC)
Joint Special Operations Task Force (JSOTF)
38) The primary function of the Air Force is to provide prompt and sustained offensive and defensive air operation.
39) Capt. Van Boskerck wrote the words to Semper Paratus while serving on board the Yamacraw in 1922.
40) Which of the following are inherent military stressors that impact psychological health?
all of the choices are correct
operational environment conditions
recognizing concussions/traumatic brain injury
41) In a traditional cake-cutting ceremony the first piece of cake is given to the youngest Marine present, and the second piece of cake is given to the oldest Marine present.
42) The DoD Reorganization Act of 1958 _____.
eliminated the position of Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
separated the Unified/Specified Commands from the Military Departments
placed the Services directly under the President
combined the Unified/Specified Commands during times of war
43) The Army aids in shaping the international environment through an extensive forward presence in which of the following?
Balkans, Middle East, Europe, Southwest Asia, the Korean Peninsula, and Japan
Europe, Southwest Asia, the Korean Peninsula, and Japan
Europe, Asia, the Korean Peninsula, and Japan
44) Regardless of when or where employed, the Armed Forces of the United States abide by U.S. values, the standards for the profession of arms, and _____.
uniformed code of military justice
45) As ratified, the U.S. Constitution provided for a small professional army supplemented a militia of all able-bodied males under strict civilian control.
46) The difficulty some units face adapting their mindset to vastly changed conditions on their third or fourth deployment to the same location is known as _____ challenges.
47) During the conduct of military operations, multinational personnel must be able to _____.
target only a small percentage of individuals who fall into different categories under the law of war
develop guidance for detainee operations in a joint environment according to their respective laws
enforce local rules of engagement (ROE) without regard to approved coalition ROE
properly control, maintain, protect and account for all detainees according to applicable domestic law, international law, and policy
48) Successful mission command demands that subordinate leaders at all echelons exercise _____.
49) Which branch of the armed forces operates within the Department of Homeland Security?
None of the branches
50) Joint _____ is the component of joint force development that entails collecting observations, analyzing them, and taking the necessary steps to turn them into changes in behavior that improve the mission ready capabilities of the joint force.
Avoid resits and achieve higher grades with the best study guides, textbook notes, and class notes written by your fellow students.
With the study guides and notes written by fellow students, you are guaranteed to be properly prepared for your exams. Over 350,000 specific notes are at your disposal. Your fellow students know exactly where the pitfalls lie and what the key elements will be to your success in that module. With their assistance, you can become well prepared and can avoid having to retake exams.
Get better grades
Thanks to the study guides written by fellow students specifically for your courses, you will never miss a trick when it comes to your exams. No generic book summaries, but the specific content you need to ace your exams.
Earn while you study
Have you written lots of study guides or notes? Earn hundreds of dollars each month by selling your written material to your fellow students. Last year students earned over $ 500,000 from selling their work to other students.