NR 566 Week 5 Assignment; Immunization - Varicella (VAR)
Diptheria, tetanus & acellular pertussis (DTaP) 	Haemophilus influenza type b (Hib)
Hepatitis B 	Human papillomavirus (HPV)
Inactivated influenza (IIV) 	Inactivated poliovirus (IPV)
Influenza recombinant (RIV) 	Live influenza (LAIV)
Measles, mumps & rubella (MMR) 	Meningococcal serogroups A, C, W, Y)
Meningococcal serogroup B 	Pneumococcal 13-valent conjugate (PCV13)
Pneumococcal 23-valent polysaccharide (PPSV23) 	Rotavirus
Tetanus, diphtheria & acellular pertussis (Tdap or Td) 	Varicella (VAR)
Zoster live 	Zoster recombinant
Choose 2 vaccines from the list above and provide the following information for each:
1.	Name of disease preventable vaccination
2.	Trade name (if more than one available, chose one only)
3.	Type of vaccination (attenuated or inactivated)
6.	Adverse drug reactions
7.	Minimum age to receive vaccine
8.	Routine recommended vaccine schedule (timing and dose)
9.	Special situations
Vaccination: Hepatitis A vaccination
Trade Name: Havrix
Contraindication: Person with previous history of severe reaction to HAV, moderate or severe illness, with or without fever
Precautions: Patients with immunosuppression (may have lower antibody titers)
Adverse drug reactions: Injection site reaction, headache & malaise
Minimum age: 12 months
Routine vaccination schedule: 2 dose series between ages 12-24 months
Minimum interval between doses (if applicable): 6 months apart
Special situations: Vaccine should be given to those at risk for hepatitis A infection including chronic liver disease, clotting factor disorders, men who have sex with men, injection or non-injection drug use, homelessness, work with hepatitis a virus, travel in countries with high or intermediate endemic hepatitis A or close personal contact with an international adoptee.
Barriers & Interventions
1.	Identify one reason for vaccine non-compliance or vaccine hesitancy by patients/parents.
2.	Discuss one intervention that Nurse Practitioners can take to improve vaccination compliance .
3.	Identify when healthcare providers are required by law to report an adverse event.
4.	Discuss adverse events that healthcare providers are encouraged to report.
5.	Identify how a healthcare provider would report an adverse event.